Absolute Beginners Dance
Dancing like there’s nobody watching – as the old saying goes – is easier said than done. And for millions of people, the thought of stepping on to the dance floor is simply terrifying!
If that sounds like you, our Absolute Beginners Dance course will set you free by giving you the confidence that you need to dance the way you always wanted; whether in a club, at a wedding, or even on stage.
The course is suitable for complete beginners or for those looking to start from scratch again – those wanting to improve coordination, link moves together and create a fluent dance style. You'll pick up all the dance essentials, terminology, travelling steps, and, most importantly, rhythm.
Best of all, you'll have a lot of fun.
Absolute Beginners Skills Development
Exact course content may differ depending on course length and your needs, but topics covered will generally include:
- Isolations and Transitions: learn how to link your moves together by using body parts.
- Travelling Steps: how to move from one move to the next while covering areas using dance.
- Teamwork and Confidence: learn routines in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Rhythm and Timing: learn a routine beat by beat and improve your musicality.
- Basic Technique: learn turns, routines and improve coordination of head, arms and body alignment.
You'll receive friendly feedback throughout the course.
Something to Think About
As with all dance classes there are a few things that you may need to consider:
- Footwear: trainers or jazz shoes.
- Comfortable clothing: such as leggings, jazz pants, fitted tracksuit bottoms, shorts, crop tops, fitted t-shirts are also recommended.
- It's hot work so bring a bottle of water.
We offer a 10% discount if you book 2 or more different courses at the same time.
To take advantage of this offer, please enter the code 2ORMORE when you check out online.