Ballet Classes – Level 1 - Beginners
The combination of precision and grace that ballet possesses often lends it to be described as the very foundation of dance.
City Academy’s Beginners Ballet class will leave you with a clear understanding of the techniques fundamental to the art of ballet. It will also improve your balance, teach you how to move gracefully, and enable you to tone up and develop strong flexible legs.
Whether you want to set the dance floor alight, improve your posture and poise, or simply find a fun way to keep fit, this dance class is a great way to go.
Ballet Skills Development
Our Ballet – Level 1 - Beginners Class is perfect for those with little or no ballet experience (or those with only distant memories of taking classes at school).
Exact course content may differ depending on course length and your needs, but topics covered will generally include:
- Understand posture: and an awareness of your body in space
- Develop basic co-ordination: of arms / feet / head
- Learn basic combination of steps: and short, simple choreographies
- Barre exercises and stretches: including learning each exercise name and meaning
- Learning footwork combinations
- Introduction to allegro
- Introduction to turning
You'll receive friendly feedback throughout the course.
Something to Think About
City Academy will provide any necessary hand-outs and fact sheets, but there may be a few additional costs involved in a ballet class. There's some extra kit you may need to buy. Both men and women will need:
- Soft ballet shoes and tights / tight fitting clothes (no flared or baggy trousers or tops). Your teacher will provide information on the best shops / websites from which to buy your ballet clothes.
- Notebook (optional)
- It’s hot work, so bring a bottle of water.
We offer a 10% discount if you book 2 or more different courses at the same time. To take advantage of this offer, enter the code 2ORMORE when you check out online.