Join an ensemble cast as you rehearse and perform in a live, online production of Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
The script will be cut and adapted to suit the online medium. At various points in the production, audiences will follow performers into alternative digital spaces in a choose-your-own-adventure style performance. We have put together a production team including a stage manager and sound specialist with expertise in virtual theatre production. This production will be driven by the creative force of director and actor Natasha Rickman who will work with you, her cast, to shape the dynamic of the show. Natasha brings a wealth of theatre experience including the direction of virtual work in Creation Theatre's Time Machine earlier this Summer.
All rehearsals will take place online via Zoom with group activities and break-out rooms to ensure we maximise rehearsal time. International players are most welcome and we look forward to a diverse, unique and collaborative production like no other.
With digital filters, soundscapes, recordings and live performance in store, audiences will be tuning in live to take part in this unique virtual performance adventure from anywhere in the world.
Rehearsal and Performance Schedule (includes breaks):
Weds,18th November 2020: 6pm-9pm (GMT)
Fri, 20th November 2020: 6pm-9pm
Sat, 21st November 2020: 12:30pm-6 pm
Weds, 25th November 2020: 6pm-9pm
Fri, 27th November 2020: 6pm-9pm
Sat, 28th November 2020: 1pm-8pm
Sun, 6th December 2020: 1pm-8pm (including show)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are unable to make certain rehearsal times, especially towards the beginning of the process, and we will accommodate for this as we cast and prepare for the production.
In this production you will:
- Rehearse and perform a virtual production, A Midsummer Night's Dream, from start to finish
- Perform live, online over Zoom, giving you cutting edge industry skills in an area where more and more work is being made,
- Work with green screens, virtual backgrounds, break-out rooms and special effects
- Work virtually, as part of an ensemble, building a company of performers
- Perform Shakespeare including iambic pentameter and imagery work
- Devise your own material inspired by a script to be performed as part of the show
- Connect with fellow actors and thespians from across the globe as you form a small performance company for an intensive 3 week period
- Perform digital scenes for audiences and improvise live as part of the performance in this interactive adventure
Requirements to take part:
- You must be 18 or over
- Fluency in English is required
- You'll need a laptop with a camera and good internet connection
- A green screen or green tablecloth (available online here)
- Some time between rehearsals to learn your lines
- A quiet room for recording purposes
- A positive, creative and collaborative mindset!
Please note that places on this production are limited to 20 people. To ensure the success of this production we have special Terms and Conditions for any cancellations: no refund will be granted for any cancellations less than 7 days before the start of rehearsals.
Any queries please contact us on email@example.com. Places are selling fast and are available on a first come, first served basis.