This is a specialist course that helps writers to communicate complex historical stories in a way that feels gripping and fresh. This programme combines taught and practical exercises to help students create stories that foster connection and interest. You will be given a workshop on how to ‘curate’ context in an accessible way, whilst Targeted sessions on plot and structure will provide a step-by-step process for creating multi-layered narratives. You will also be given tuition on self-editing and work planning to empower you finish your project after the course is complete.
On this Writing Masterclass you will...
- Finding your USP in historical fiction
- Reimagining the past (world building)
- Developing compelling characters
- Creating hooks that capture a reader
- How to edit your work
- Enhancing and maintaining your creative practice
Notepad and pen. Laptop.