Our Jazz Dance Company is one of City Academy’s premier resident dance companies. With weekly evening rehearsals and regular in-studio showcases throughout the year, the Jazz Dance Company aims to be one of the most exciting Jazz performance groups in London.
Jazz Dance Company Director
The Company is led by Maksym Shpachynskyi who trained at the prestigious Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts in Ukraine. Maks specialises in Jazz, Ballet and Russian dance and has toured around the world performing with top companies including Riverdance. His choreographic style is influenced by his broad range of expertise, precision and flexibility.
Who Can Join?
The Jazz Dance Company is for those who have completed Improvers Level Jazz classes at City Academy, the equivalent, or who have experience in jazz performance. To be accepted into the Jazz Dance Company we ask you to take an introductory class first.
How to Join?
If you’re interested in joining the Jazz Dance Company you can simply book a taster here. In the class you’ll take part in a regular company rehearsal in a relaxed setting, giving you the perfect chance to meet the group in action. Following the class, we’ll email with an invitation to join the company or give suggestions for further training. The purpose of the session is so that you can meet the Company Director as well as get an idea of what membership entails and the level of skill involved.
As a Company member you will receive the following:
- Advanced-level training: weekly 2hr lessons in a central studio (with a 2 week break in December)
- 4 In-studio showcases: Share progress with friends & family in a relaxed, studio setting
- Guest tutors delivering master classes (2-4 times a year depending on the size of your company)
- 4 complimentary dance courses per year
- 50% off City Academy dance courses*
- 30% off other City Academy courses** (Musical Theatre, Acting, Singing and more)
- Free auditions for other companies (ie. Choirs, Theatre and other Dance Companies)
- Free tasters (eg. Art, Acting, Singing and more)
- Branded T-shirt, water bottle and towel
*Excludes long form courses, showreel, voice-over reel, foundation, ongoing companies/collectives, tailored business & private tuition. Places subject to availability with a maximum of two complimentary member places per course.
Monthly membership fee is £80 per month and is charged for 12 months of the year - there is a minimum membership period of 3 months. This covers all rehearsals for the duration of your membership.
If you wish to discontinue, you would simply email email@example.com with 14 days notice before your next payment date.