Incorporating a mixture of styles from Street and Urban Dance foundations to fierce Commercial heels work, the Commercial Dance company is a crew you want to be a part of. With weekly rehearsals and regular in-studio showcases throughout the year, The Commercial Dance Company is a versatile group of likeminded individuals that come together to form one of the most exciting and constantly evolving companies in London. The group are continually challenging their creativity with exciting choreo and slick moves.
COMMERCIAL DANCE COMPANY DIRECTOR
The Company is led by professional dancer and choreographer Rachel Hollings. Rachel's background is in Street Dance and Musical Theatre - she is a fierce and passionate tutor that loves seeing her company thrive.
WHO CAN JOIN
The Commercial Dance Company is perfect for those who have completed a Diva, or Street Dance Course at City Academy, an equivalent, or who have performance experience in commercial dance. Company members must be 18+ and we welcome everyone willing to commit to regular rehearsals and join our community.
HOW TO JOIN
If you’re interested in joining the Commercial Dance Company please book a taster here. You’ll take part in a regular company rehearsal in a relaxed setting, giving you the perfect chance to meet the rest of the group in action. Following the class, we’ll email with an invitation to join the company or suggestions for further training. The purpose of the session is so that you can meet the Company Director as well as get an idea of what membership entails and the level of performance involved.
As a Company member you will receive the following for the duration of your membership:
- Advanced-level training: weekly 2hr lessons in a central studio (with a 2 week break in December)
- 4 In-studio showcases: Share progress with friends & family in a relaxed, studio setting
- Guest tutors delivering master classes (2-4 times a year depending on the size of your company)
- 4 complimentary dance courses per year
- 50% off City Academy dance courses*
- 30% off other City Academy courses** (Musical Theatre, Acting, Singing and more)
- Free auditions for other companies (ie. Choirs, Theatre and other Dance Companies)
- Free tasters (eg. Art, Acting, Singing and more)
- Branded T-shirt, water bottle and towel
*Excludes long form courses, showreel, voice-over reel, foundation, ongoing companies/collectives, tailored business & private tuition. Places subject to availability with a maximum of two complimentary member places per course.
As a member you will:
- Develop and refine dance technique from Commercial to street styles
- Gain a deeper understanding of Street Dance foundations
- Develop a range of dance techniques including waacking, voguing and Heels
- Improve musicality, textures and styling
- Learn challenging and innovative choreography
- Boost fitness, stamina and performance skill
- Build confidence and learn dynamics of performing live and to camera
- Connect with likeminded people and be a part of our community
Company members are welcoming, passionate and sociable. We are always looking for new members - so if you are looking to develop your commercial dance technique, book a taster class to join the company for a fun evening rehearsal here.
Monthly membership fee is £80 per month and is charged for 12 months of the year - there is a minimum membership period of 3 months. This will cover you for all rehearsals and in-studio showcases for the duration of your membership.
If you wish to discontinue your membership our team are on hand and you would simply need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with 14 days notice before your next payment date.