Our Contemporary Dance Company is one of City Academy’s premier resident dance companies. With weekly evening rehearsals and regular performances throughout the year, the Contemporary Dance Company aims to be one of the most exciting contemporary performance groups in London.
Contemporary Dance Company Director
The Contemporary Company is led by Adrian Del Arroyo, an experienced dancer and teacher who trained at the National Conservatory of Ballet in Spain, and has a Performing Arts Degree from Birkbeck University. Adrian frequently performs on the London contemporary dance scene and has over 15 years of teaching experience.
Who Can Join?
The Contemporary Dance Company is for those who have completed improver level contemporary dance classes at City Academy, the equivalent, or who have experience in contemporary performance. To be accepted into the Contemporary Dance Company we ask you to take an introductory class first.
How to Join?
To join the Contemporary Dance Company you can simply book a taster class here. In the class you’ll take part in a regular company rehearsal in a relaxed setting, giving you the perfect chance to meet the group in action. Following the class, we’ll email with an invitation to join the company or give suggestions for further training. The purpose of the session is so that you can meet the Company Director as well as get an idea of what membership entails and the level of skill involved.
In weekly rehearsals, you will develop in the following areas:
- Develop and refine contemporary dance technique
- Experience learning and building a contemporary dance repertoire
- Improve musicality, timing and styling
- Learn challenging and innovative choreography
- Build confidence and learn dynamics of performing
The membership fee is £80 per month and is charged for 12 months of the year. There is a minimum membership period of 3 months. This will cover you for all rehearsals and shows for the duration of your membership. (Note: Additional cost for costumes will be decided amongst the company each year and will be kept at a minimum.)
If you wish to cancel your membership please email email@example.com with 14 days notice to your next payment date.
As a Company member you will receive the following for the duration of your membership:
- Advanced-level training: weekly 2hr lessons in a central studio (with a 2 week break in December)
- 4 In-studio showcases: Share progress with friends & family in a relaxed, studio setting
- Guest tutors delivering master classes (2-4 times a year depending on the size of your company)
- 4 complimentary dance courses per year
- 50% off City Academy dance courses*
- 30% off other City Academy courses** (Musical Theatre, Acting, Singing and more)
- Free auditions for other companies (ie. Choirs, Theatre and other Dance Companies)
- Free tasters (eg. Art, Acting, Singing and more)
- Branded T-shirt, water bottle and towel
Company members are welcoming, passionate and sociable. We are always looking for new members - so if you have a love of performing and are looking to develop your contemporary dance technique, join the company today for a fun evening rehearsal.
*Please note,membership to Resident Companies & the Dance Foundation Course are excluded from this offer.